Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It. Is. Done.





















Now when my friends scream like Cartman, "Go and knit me a sweater!", I can actually do it! Here is my niece modeling her new sweater (from Debbie Bliss' Great Knits For Kids) over a coordinating monkey suit! We went up to visit my sister and her husband and then my brother and his family this last weekend and I was fiendishly knitting in the backseat for the entire ride and for much of the weekend! I bought the buttons at one of the 3 (count them THREE) yarn shops we hit (!!!) and finished it up on our last day there. In a way I wish I had brought it home so I could show my girlfriends, but I wanted my niece to have every opportunity to use and wear it! I am SO proud of this sweater! The yarn is probably a DK weight and was knit on size US 4 needles. I suppose I took 2 1/2 months to make it and that is just knitting here and there on it. If I had really buckled down, I bet I could have done it in 2 weeks, but with the holidays and my horrendous schedule lately, I made a sporadic job of it. Now all I can think about is how quickly an adult Aran sweater would knit up if made in worsted weight on a size US 8 or so. Hmmmmmmm. I also bought some fabulous Koigu yarn for a pair of socks and a sweater for my baby niece and I have it sitting out where I can regularly fondle it! I will post pics of all my plunder tomorrow, but right now my bed is calling my name! Happy Late New Year Everyone! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful hand made sweater from Aunt Katie! Nicely done.