Sunday, January 21, 2007

Felted Bag--AFTER!

















I took it home and washed it in my mother's machine for one cycle and couldn't believe the difference! It is now a nice handbag size. I knit up a flower from a pattern in Handknit Holidays and sewed it onto the purse with beads. That blue yarn is some homespun Wensleydale wool--I wanted to have a little homespun on the bag so I could take it for show and tell at the next spinner's meeting (!!!). Melissa came over last night for Knit Night and she has started one! She got all the way through the handles and into the medium gray row and is doing very well! We'll finish it up probably sometime next week. And after 2 bags, I do indeed think I'll have enough yarn for a THIRD bag so I am happy with my purchase of 6 skeins of Cascade 220!

No comments: