Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tony the Tiger


My grandpa died at the beginning of the month and my mother had been up to his house to do some sorting and cleaning. She brought this little guy home for me! She told me how when she was a little girl, she would sell stationary and Christmas cards to earn Christmas money and how her mother (my grandma who has been gone 26 years now) used to drive her to all the neighbors' houses so she could sell to them. This was her prize one year for selling her cards and she gave it to her mother for Christmas. His crown is a pincushion and he has a hole in his nose where you would put embroidery scissors and they look like glasses. His tail pulls out to reveal a tape measure! He is just the cutest thing I've ever seen and he has been broken and glued together several times. Mother found it this week and gave it to me and I am just tickled with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie~

I love the Tiger pincushion!! When can Lisa & I visit you?

Hazel