Sunday, January 21, 2007

Can Spring Be Far Behind?



We were under a snow advisory last night and got quite a few inches, and I have not been anywhere without a sweater for at least two weeks now but hey--we finally had winter. It was quite unnatural to be in January with green grass sprouting on the lawn. With all this cold weather bearing down on us, I found myself ironically playing with spring colorways this morning. Melissa was here for Knit Night yesterday so we first went out to eat and then, as a lark, decided to go and "check out" Joann Fabrics. To make a long story short--I spent a lot of money in there! We headed back to the reduced fabric part of the store and found all kinds of stash for $3/yard. It wasn't until we got up to the cutting table that the clerk told us they had been further reduced by 50%--$1.50/yard! And they were lovely 100% cotton prints! Melissa had picked out fabric for scrubs but was wringing her hands trying to decide which one to get, but once she heard that, she bought them both! They also had novelty yarn on sale for $1.50/skein so Melissa was guilty of some stash building last night too! (It is a DISEASE!) I had a point to all this...oh yeah, plot exposition. Pictured are 4 skeins of wound 100% wool that I bought at Joann's as a felted purse kit. I think I will alter the pattern a bit and use wooden handles instead of knitting I-cord handles. I wanted to fool around with this a bit this morning but didn't have time. The other three skeins are my fabulous Koigu that will be made into a Kottou cardigan for my new niece (note the pictured ribbon I've chosen for the closure). I ordered the pattern and my first ever Rowan yarn (!!!--but more on that project later!) from Knit-Purl yesterday and they were just sweethearts on the phone! It will be a pleasure to work on these two projects, even though I couldn't take a focused picture of the yarn to save my life! Oh well, enjoy the colors! They are sitting on just one of the many fabulous cuts of fabric I bought yesterday!

No comments: