Friday, January 12, 2007

Ball Windin'



I have been eager to knit the felted bag that appears on the Winter 2005 cover of Spin-Off. They finally posted a pattern on their Interweave website due to the number of requests they received asking for bag instructions (the bag appeared in the photo but the actual featured article was about small loom woven flowers that embellished the bag). On our last trip to Rochester, I bought 6 skeins of Cascade 220 worsted weight yarn for this project. I wound all the skeins into balls this morning and began work on the bag. You knit with two balls of yarn stranded together on size 15 needles which knits up quite quickly. I'm halfway done with it already and all this before I've even had my NAP! I don't see why I wouldn't have enough yarn for a second and possible THIRD bag! I can't wait to pull it out of the washer when it's finished! More on that later!

No comments: