Wednesday, April 04, 2007

One pair down...

I finished the first pair! If you look really closely you'll notice that I simply set the buttons on and haven't yet actually stitched them! This pair took 100 beads and I think I'm going to try to make a few pair of the Lilac variety because they won't use as many beads. I really would like to make enough for my mother, her sister, her sister in law, my sister, my sister in law, and my 3 female cousins, and of course me! You DO realize that is 9 pair in total. And you DO realize that in about 3 weeks or so I will be shaking my fists at the sky and cursing the day I made this promise to myself and to Grandma! Oh well. I am SO very proud of these and I would certainly like the lily of the valley variety for myself because they are my favorite of all flowers (besides pansies, of course). This first pair will go to my mother. "...and the best pair, of course, went to Mother."

No comments: