Thursday, April 05, 2007

Eggs Gone Wild!!!




Instead of having Knit Night tonight, we all got together at DeeDee's to work on some dyed eggs for Easter. I brought over my box of dyes and my styluses, egg blowers, candles, polyeurathane, and plenty of paper towels and we had at it for a few hours. Everyone brought some eggs and some craic and we had a great time hunkered down around DeeDee's coffee table! Melissa had a tragic moment when she finished her first egg, held it up with a proud exclaim of, "Ta-da!" only to DROP it on the coffee table moments later! She still managed to crank out a few more. We were really careful to examine the eggs for any hairline cracks in the shell before starting work and we didn't lose a single one in the blowing process! I have got at least 6 other colors and I really should mix them up for next time (violet, dark red, bright red, bright pink, light blue, light green, etc.). I kind of wanted to come home and work on my latest wrist warmer for a bit, but my hands are still blue and I'm afraid I might stain the thread!

No comments: