Monday, April 23, 2007

Butterfly Gals



Two of my dearest friends are nuts about butterflies. I was dinking around in Walmart and came across this fabric for only $4.96/yard and got the purple/blue for DeeDee since half of her house has purple accents (she is also a big tie dye-er so the fabric was an added bonus!) and the orange/gold for Melissa (but I forgot to take a picture of Melissa's after I gave it to her!). While in the store, I casually asked Melissa which colorway she liked better and quick had it cut while she went to the bathroom but I think she saw me on her way back! Anyhoo, the talented and lovely Amy Butler has some glorious sewing patterns (and simply EDIBLE fabrics!) and one of my absolute favorites is her Messenger Bag pattern! Mom and I both take a Messenger Bag on every trip we go on because you can put all the stuff you acquire throughout the day in it and your hands are free. It has lots of handy pockets for maps, tickets, chapstick, etc. My mother has made about 12 of these in different fabrics. This fabric was a sturdy cotton twill weave and just perfect for this project.

No comments: