Monday, April 09, 2007

2 and counting...


I finished my second pair of wrist warmers from Grandma's bridal crown beads. I was home for the holiday and had Mom scan me in a wedding picture and it was indeed the crown of her veil. We also deduced that the uncut piece of lace yardage I have was the border of the veil itself. Now what to do with that? I am very pleased with the way these are turning out. I'm doing a lot of perle cotton de-stashing for this endeavor as well since it IS "Use What You Have Month". This is the "Lilac" version of the Perdita pattern and I started, finished, and blocked these last night while sitting up watching movies. I then took a break from Perdita to work a little on Mrs. Beeton. I'll soon have more wrist warmers than I know what to do with!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Looking at the wedding picture. I think John looks like your grandpa! You have inspired me to start a blog! check it out at http://thehamans.blogspot.com