Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I finished two more box bags. This time I used a strip of vintage copper/silver mesh fabric I got at The Cancer Garage Sale for 75c! I was so afraid to press it for fear of melting it. I backed it with a very grainy muslin before piecing it. I had two colors of this metallic cotton so I decided to make a sister set. Quite LITERALLY a sister set because the red one will of course go to my sister Lisa and the sage one will go to me. Kinda reminds you of that Overbeck painting, Italia und Germania, doesn't it? I saw that in Munich and bought a postcard of it because I just thought, "Katie and Lisa" when I saw it. So here is my rendering of Overbeck's "Italia und Germania" in box bags.


My sister and her husband are currently touring Italy. They are enjoying a memorable one month on the continent where they have been joined by our parents and a first cousin. How wonderful to share the experiences of a place like Italy with the ones you love! They write on their blog about their daily adventures of train platforms, pidgeons, asiago cheese, sweat, Duomo, etc. All the things you'd expect to hear about Italy. I enjoy checking in and reading about what they are up to.

No comments: