Wednesday, February 04, 2015

 I'm taking a break from my black hole of a Crocus Lace Blanket to make a dent in another vacuous hole of a project.  This is The Beekeeper's Quilt.  You make literally hundreds of these little "hexipuff" pillows that are stuffed with polyfil and then you sew them all together to make a "quilt".  I think this is much more practical as a seat or couch cushion/liner rather than a blanket.  I'm starting small and shooting only for a seat cushion for my sewing room chair.  The pattern says a 2 x 2 foot quilt requires 102 puffs.  I have 11 and it takes me about 45 minutes to make one.  I have a way to go!  I do love this project because it is mindless and portable, plus I'm using up all my beautiful Koigu and various sock yarn scraps!
I spent Monday in bed with the dog and that flu-been-hit-by-a-truck-feeling.  I felt awful and accomplished absolutely nothing and I can't stand that.  Dave surprised me by bringing me home a donut and these roses!  I don't think he's given me flowers since we moved into the house and I just love them!  What a guy!

No comments: