Thursday, February 19, 2015

That Melissa!

She's going to kill me but I don't care.  Melissa is one of my absolute dearest friends.  I talked her into walking across my pond so I could take these Olan Mills caliber winter glamour shots of her.  Isn't she gorgeous?
She and  her daughter came to visit and stay at our house this week!  We had an aggressive 2 days of crafting as well as a full day of shopping at The Mall of America.  Here we are in my living room painting and embellishing dominoes for ornaments/key chains/necklaces/pins.
 I love when she comes to work on things because it forces me to dig out components and findings from my various satellite craft caches around the house.  I found all kinds of stuff I'd been looking for!  Later when we were cutting out fabric, I agreed to cut out her batting and in exchange, she organized all my craft stuff for me!

 We went to the aquarium in the Mall Of America.  It costs $25 for adults and $18 for children 3 years and older.  I'm a tightwad and nearly soiled myself but they DO give you a free return ticket with your ticket purchase.  I gave mine to Melissa because my husband would never shell out $25 to visit the exhibit with me. 
I have to say I think it was worth the price of admission!  Everything was beautifully exhibited and arranged and it was just enough to hold your interest.  You start in an area where you can touch starfish and sea urchins and then you move through to large aquariums where they have jellyfish and sea horses and all the Finding Nemo fish before you head towards the aquarium tunnel.
The tunnel was awesome!  All the animals swim over and around you and you get a much closer look at them.
They had several different kinds of sharks.
I think the manta rays were my favorite.

I think Serenity enjoyed the aquarium!

No comments: