Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Invasion




These mallard ducks cross my yard from the creek across the street, cross the adjacent street, and then go who knows where, but they stop traffic in the process. They're also pretty regular because they will go in the morning about the time I'm standing in my kitchen window drinking my pre-slumber glass of milk, and they come back around suppertime. This was a particularly big group of them on this day. You can always tell when they are there because their little webbed feet make surprisingly a lot of noise on the ground and especially in the fallen leaves. When my dog was still alive (may God rest his little doggie soul), he'd go nuts whining as he watched them traverse the yard. These truly awful pictures were taken through the screen of my kitchen window because I tried once to take it out while they were heading through and it scared them and they FLEW away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. Christmas decorations These ornaments make great gift toppers. Please visit Christmas decorations