Monday, October 16, 2006

Crafty Fun Party


Melissa came over for decorating eggs for Halloween. I know that sounds absolutely crazy, but there was a really cute project idea in Martha Stewart Living for decorated Halloween eggs. We made 2 jack'o'lantern ones, but the rest were mostly black ones with fall/Halloween things on them. I made a candy corn covered one that I was very pleased with, but it cracked while I was blowing it out. Summer stopped over towards the end of the evening and made a couple as well. Here is a bowl of our combined efforts. We turned the TV music channel on oldies and sat around the table working on these and had a great time.

This is a knit dishcloth from a pattern I found over at Bagatell in her archive. Here it is being blocked and I must admit i've never blocked a dishcloth before! But I suppose it doesn't have to be used as such. Hmmm. Anyways, it was pretty frumpy looking when I first cast off so I pinned it into shape and sprayed it a little. I have two other solid colors of cotton yarn for a few more of these. The compulsory knitted cotton dishcloth stocking stuffers are going to be much more exciting this year!

No comments: