Thursday, October 19, 2006

Self Striping Socks


These are my sister's Christmas socks this year. I figured I could post a picture of them because she's already seen them on the needles and she DID pick out the yarn after all. I have a lot of yarn left over too. I threw the label away already (that is a bad habit of mine) so I can't tell you what brand it is or the yardage. I do remember it is 75% superwash wool and 25% polymide. I used a Stahl sock pattern with 60 stitches to fit a size 38/40 foot and knit these on size 3 double pointed needles. I am very pleased with the results and even started on my sister in law's Christmas socks tonight. I hope to get one more pair of socks finished before Socktober is finished! You might also note my hideously albino legs! Some people wear reflectors at night, but I find I do just fine wearing shorts!

No comments: