Friday, September 08, 2006

Pins and Needles



These are my lovely antique rolling pins. I thought I'd post a picture of them now that I have what could be considered a "collection". The top pin belonged to my grandpa's mother and was hand carved out of a branch from a tree on the family farm. When I started making lefse 2 or 3 years ago, Grandpa dug that pin out and gave it to me and I almost started crying because out of all the grandkids, he chose me to have that pin. The other two pins were recently purchased by my dad for $1 each at our community second hand store. The middle one is a hobnail pin and it and the handles are one solid piece of wood. The lower pin is used for rolling oats I believe. It is missing a handle on one side but has a large nail in it's place. The nail is etched and quite pretty really. All three are sitting on my fabulous babushka fabric! I love nesting dolls and I don't know what I will do with this fabric but I bought a LOT of it! I was thinking that I could keep the middle one under my bed for protection! Who needs a baseball bat when you have something like THAT in your house! ;)

No comments: