Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Knitting Night (official)



Tonight was the official Knitting Party Night and Melissa and Summer came for the festivities, as well as our friend Randi. And Zak showed up too, you know, to supervise. Well you can't have people over and not feed them and I haven't baked bread in a long time, so I baked two loaves of cheese bread. That is a yeasted dough with shredded cheddar cheese kneaded into it, allowed to rise and then baked. I especially like it toasted. I also baked a batch of kringlas and made little fall leaf souvenirs out of them. I only have a few slices of the bread left here because I gave it all away (I can't eat a lot of bread due to my baroque figure). The weather is FINALLY starting to feel like fall and I have every window in the house open. There is a lovely cool/cold breeze wafting through and it is especially pleasant to stand in the kitchen next to a warm oven!

Melissa is making so much progress in her knitting! She had some 30 stitches on her needles tonight instead of a beginner's 16 and she must have knit a good three inches on her new dishcloth! She is getting faster! She is also learning to recognize the twist of the stitches and how they should "look" and knowing when she has dropped a stitch, etc. We have a slumber party this weekend with all of the gals from work and I can't wait to see her progress then! We will be having a Knitter's Corner at the get together for anyone who wants to learn!

No comments: