Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pink Booties

 My niece Leah was baptized last weekend and my sister hosted a lovely brunch.  She asked me to make mints for the occasion and I was only too happy to oblige.  I think we need more occasions to indulge in cream cheese mints!  This tin is the ideal size for a double batch of mints and I have paper doilies to separate the layers that are a perfect fit.  I get excited about things like that--it must be the Hyacinth in me.  This tin was purchased years ago in London in Sainsbury's.  It came filled with chocolate biscuits.  I have to admit I bought it for the tin but the biscuits were a delicious bonus.  And did I mention I am heading back to London...tomorrow?!?  I.  Can't.  Wait.
 My mother made yet another beautiful hardanger baptismal gown for Leah and Lisa requested the embroidery be done with gray perle cotton.  I never would have thought of that and it was absolutely stunning.  I made another pair of felt booties to go with it.  They are exactly like Erik's except for the ribbon.  This is just a printed grosgrain ribbon from the craft store and worked fine but I'd wanted a Scandinavian woven pink ribbon.  I had some that was RED and white but it was too bold for a baptism.
And here are her little feet in the booties.  These are just the right size for a 10ish week old baby.

No comments: