Saturday, June 16, 2012

 While recently in Fargo, Mom and I went to Prairie Yarns to see what we could see.  I got some sock yarn and this and that but I saw this baby tank top hanging up in the store.  The model they had was pink and I've never liked the color pink, but I just loved the design.  The tag said it came from Debbie Bliss' book "Special Knits" and I knew I had that book at home.  The example used Spud and Chloe yarn so I bought some in this cornflower-type blue shade.

 This was such a pleasant quick little knit and I have always liked Debbie Bliss.  This should fit a 12-18 month old, according to the pattern.  This is the front with a teal organza ribbon laced through the eyelet row.
The back has one buttonhole for a keyhole closure and of course I used a shell button from Grandpa Maynerd's button box.  I don't think I will get this in the mail before the trip, but Leah has plenty of time to wear this.

No comments: