Thursday, May 31, 2012

Something Blue

 I finished my "something blue" for the wedding.  Granted we still haven't set a date but hopefully that will all be squared away next week.  I have a feeling there are going to be quite a few "something blue" items!  ;)  It has always been my favorite color.  I also want to be like Queen Elizabeth and have a purse over my wrist at all times on the day.  I thumbed through a bead purse book I bought years ago in London and found my inspiration in one of the pictures.  This is what I came up with and they really aren't as fussy as they seem.
This was knit on size 0000 needles and size 5 DMC variegated pearl cotton thread.   It is beautiful thread but is kind of expensive at almost $3/skein.  My old apartment was very close to Hobby Lobby and I was in there at least once a week looking for clearance sales.  I had stockpiled quite a few skeins of this in different colors when it was reduced to 52 cents/skein.  I also had almost 10 packs of size 10 color-lined blue seed beads that I had snapped up on clearance.  My hoard also contains a number of sew in metal purse frames just waiting to be filled.  And yes, you guessed it, they were all purchased at ridiculous clearance prices from Hobby Lobby.  All the frames I bought were from BagLady, Inc.  The frame on this purse is nickel plate.

No comments: