Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yarn Boogers!

This is a pair of mittens I'm working on for my friend Melissa. It is knit on size 3 dpn's with worsted weight Lamb's Pride yarn. I love how fuzzies always collect onto one of the strands and just gets pushed along down through the skein as the work progresses. This booger is actually a shade of purple because the 2 colors of fuzzies blended together! Melissa has had a terrible year so I am commemorating it in these mittens with the hope of a better year. One cuff has "2007" knit into the design and this one has her initials. Incidentally, since I penciled in the design a bit differently than called for, the cuffs were also when I did the most SWEARING! These are turning out so well and they will keep her hands nice and warm! :) I met Melissa on our very first day of orientation when we started working at the hospital and I don't know what I did without her.

No comments: