Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Socks

Now imagine that in the baritone and seldom heard voice of Mr. Bean.... I just got home from a family weekend at my sister's lovely home in Rochester. My brother in law cooked us a ham dinner and we exchanged gifts and opened our stockings the following morning. I always try to knit socks for the women every year at Christmas and I drew my brother's name so I knit him a pair as well. Here they all are for the compulsory blog photo. The four socks on the left were knit from "Licorice" which is a thick and thin plied 100% wool yarn from Sensations brand yarn, distributed by Jo-Ann Fabric stores. They are a nice, thick, wooly sock and were very comfy. I will have to knit myself a pair out of the remnants of these since it took 2 and a bit of a 3rd ball for each pair. I knit them with my basic sock formula but I used only 36 stitches instead of 48 on size 9 US dpn's. They knit up quickly too: you can easily knit one whole sock in an afternoon. Thank you everyone for such a fun family weekend! Happy Late Christmas!

No comments: