Monday, January 21, 2008

Mmmmm.....butter


I made a 2 pound batch of puff pastry dough and baked pastry straws out of the ENTIRE batch to take to Melissa's house! I sing the praises of puff pastry all the time and I can't stress how it is WORTH the time and effort to produce from scratch! It really isn't LABOR intensive, just time consuming. It took me most of the day to make the dough and maybe an hour to roll, cut, and bake it. And I just marvel at the way it behaves every time I bake it! If you'll note above, the pastry straws look almost like wide egg noodles after they are rolled out and cut. But then they turn into...
...THIS! They puff up SO tall that they actually tip over when baked! I was going to fold in a layer of freshly grated parmesan cheese but I didn't have time. They are SO tasty and worth the trouble!




No comments: