Monday, December 10, 2007

I am the luckiest sister!


I have the best sister in the WHOLE world! :) Because I work as a nurse, and NIGHTS at that, it is a BIG DEAL when I get to celebrate a holiday ON THE DAY. And even then I don't usually get to be with family because I would have to travel to get to them and be awake during the day, etc. So needless to say, I was off on Thanksgiving, but I was here alone. That is Ok though. I don't need to eat a big meal and then take a nap to be Thankful, but I really missed my family that day. Oh well. Every year it seems Thanksgiving is just a chore as far as getting to celebrate with my family. But my sister had a weekend off and so did I and she came down here to stay with me! She hasn't slept here for YEARS so it was nice to have her here! We get miffed with each other and we argue like normal sisters do, but we TRULY are close. She knows me better than anyone on this earth. I was SO excited that she was coming for a visit, but she totally surprised me! She brought a box of stuffing mix, a box of scalloped potato mix, french fried onions, green beans, corn muffin mix and creamed corn for scalloped corn, and a turkey loaf! All so she could cook me a Thanksgiving Dinner! I was SO pleasantly surprised! And she used to live with me in this apartment while we went through nursing school so she knows where EVERYTHING is! We ate like kings and watched Christmas specials! I love my sister!

No comments: