Tuesday, September 04, 2007

We had more fun with puff pastry this weekend! The wonderful thing about puff pastry dough is once it is made, you can freeze it up to 3 months (as IF it will last uneaten for that long!) and just take it out, cut off what you need, and store the rest. In this case I made Jambons. Mom and I ate these at little grocery/delis in Ireland 2 years in a row, but we never saw them in England or Scotland. We would stop off at the Spar store first thing every morning to see if we could get any because they went fast! Some mornings we'd luck out, and some mornings we wouldn't! I even took a picture of one on our second trip to the Aran Islands because I wanted to remember them and try to make them at home!


This is the closest I have gotten to replicating them. They are puff pastry squares with a bacon/cream cheese/sour cream/Parmesan cheese filling. You are literally holding a small stroke in your hand when you eat them! They are SO scrummy though! Flaky and rich! Num num! I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about them!

And if this doesn't make you want to try your hand at home made puff pastry, I don't know what will!

No comments: