Friday, December 22, 2006

High Quality Item


My family finds great humor in tackiness. Here is one small example of such joy! Years ago I actually PAID MONEY for this ornament at a Big Lots store because I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, and wouldn't it be a great gift item for my then new-to-the-family sister in law? I wrapped it up and it ended up on her pile of gifts as they were dispersed from under the tree. I will never forget the look on her face when she opened it! You could tell she was trying to be polite but she just couldn't quite hide the confusion in her facial expression! When I told her it was meant to be a joke, she laughed with relief and since then it has become the traveling lucky present! My brother in law got it the following year and it was prominently displayed in my sister's glittering china cabinet. My brother was the recipient the year after that...and he lost it or forgot about it, but my sister in law unearthed it this fall and has since returned it to circulation. My sister received it this year and no doubt it will resume its place of high esteem.

No comments: