Monday, November 06, 2006

RIP Dr. Jekyll


A moment of silence please for Dr. Jekyll, Summer's pet rat, who died earlier in the week. He really was a nice little rat although it did take a little time getting over his little ratty tail. I never would have thought it possible for a rat to show affection, but he really did. Summer was fond of wearing hooded sweatshirts and she'd either put him in the front pocket or inside the hood! He liked to crawl around on the back of the couch and get into your hair too! Summer seemed to think he was about 2ish years old when he died. As a healing gesture (ok, maybe it was just in poor taste, let's be honest) I bought her some Gummi Ratz candy at the dollar store just because they looked cool. We opened them up and looked at them but I just couldn't bring myself to eat them. Summer is doing well with her grief and has since gone out and bought two new rats of the Siamese breed and I'm told they have markings akin to the cat breed of the same name. I have yet to meet them.

No comments: