Monday, November 06, 2006

Party at Melissa's!


We had TWO (count them TWO!!) knitting parties this week. The first involved dinner at Cancun and knitting at my place and the second of which was held the next day at Melissa's house AND she cooked for us! I just love going to her house because it is always clean and smells much nicer than my place! I MUST invest in more candles! I also love her cat Timmy! He will come and sit ON your knitting bag and bat at your yarn! I finished the back panel of the sweater I'm knitting for my niece. That is the yarn that the woman at the Charles City yarnshop basically GAVE to me that day (don't worry, I sent her a check the next day) and it isn't what is called for in the pattern but I figured it was close. I used a size smaller needles than were called for after trying out "the dreaded gauge swatch" and by gosh, when I blocked it and measured it, the measurements were spot on! Way to go Katie! Now I just have to summon up my courage to begin the front panels and pray they match up! We also included Brenda who we always thought was a non yarn person, but she quickly asked at the first party if I had any "spare yarn" and a crochet hook since she used to be a bit of a hooker when she was younger (hooker as in crocheter--get your minds out of the gutter!). I laughed at the "spare yarn" quip and promptly set her up with some yarn and a hook and it all came flooding back. I spoke with her last night and she had almost 2 scarves done and a number of dishcloths! Yay! We need more yarn people around!

No comments: