Monday, November 02, 2015

Temperate Fall

We've enjoyed a beautiful and warm fall so far.  Today was another sunny day in the mid sixties.  Hard to believe it is November.  Here are some of the fall colors across our pond.  Those birch trees make me think of Dr. Zhivago.
We had maybe a dozen or so trick or treaters on Saturday.  Our front door is shown here in all it's Halloween glory.
My parents were here visiting this weekend.  Saturday we went and saw Bridge Of Spies (it was excellent!) and then did some thrifting at Saver's.  Dave reminded us that it was almost 5:00 and we needed to get home and get ready for Halloween.  He had hollowed out our pumpkin the night before and I carved it in record time.
I did some unorthodox knitting this weekend.  That is putting it mildly!  I'd been wanting to knit this for some time and what better time to own a viking hat and beard than Halloween?  The beard was made from yarn leftover from my nephew's vest and the hat used up some novelty yarn I had sitting in the stash.  Dad agreed that he could pass for a dwarf or a viking in this.  I think Dad already looks like John Rhys-Davies
My dad generously modeled and wore the hat for me while I attached the horns to make sure they were even.  Unfortunately, I never wore  it to answer the door for trick or treaters.  My parents and I had just sat down to eat at around 7 when the rush hour hit and I had to keep getting up for the door.
All this beard knitting got in the way of my Socktober knitting and I didn't finish my socks on time.  I started knitting these a week ago when I realized it was indeed Socktober.  Currently I am halfway through the first sleeve of my National Knit A Sweater In A Month Challenge so I will have to finish these here and there when I have the time but not the cumbersome sweater project in tow.

No comments: