Thursday, June 04, 2015

Fun With Beads

 In true Katie fashion, I worked on some impulsive bead knitting this week.  This almost finished project will be another drawstring pouch.  I used up 5 skeins of size 5 hoarded perle cotton in a beautiful variegated colorway of soft mints, teals, and aquas.  I also used 2 containers of size 8/0 seed beads I ordered years ago from Earthfaire but never used.  I can't even remember what specific project I ordered them for.
 This has knitted up very fast with this size of thread and size 00 needles.  The beads are larger than what I'd usually use (10/0 or 11/0) for bead knitting but I like the effect.  The beads really give it some texture and dimension, and they are not clear but pearlized so you can see the mottled colors of the fabric around them.
Here is the wrong side of the work where you can see the pools of color.  Hopefully I will finish this tomorrow but first I have to finish my baby booties.  That shower is on Saturday.  I'm such a terrible procrastinator that I will even put off knitting with knitting!

No comments: