Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Photo Op

Mom keeps telling me she wants a picture of me wearing my new sweater so I obliged her.  I was on call yesterday and took advantage of my clean hair to take a picture.  Lopi came with me for the photo.  She sat very nicely when commanded but wouldn't look at the camera.

Here is an action shot where I'm trying to get her to look at Dave for the picture.  I just love this sweater!  It is so comfortable and warm over a long sleeve t-shirt.  It is fastened with 3 buttons on the top third of the sweater and the lower fronts hang slightly open.  I used 3 large buttons from Grandpa Maynerd's button box and am pleased as punch to carry a bit of him with me.  I have so far only used his buttons on knitting I've done for his great grandchildren so it was nice to keep 3 for myself.  We miss you Leonard!  :)
My brother and his family came this weekend to stay with us and we had a St. Patrick's themed menu.  I made a corned beef brisket in the crack pot with cabbage, potatoes and carrots and baked a craggy loaf of soda bread.  We had to have something sweet to go with the coffee so I baked green tinted snickerdoodles.  I wasn't sure the green dough would look green after it was rolled in cinnamon/sugar but it looked pretty good.
Here they are all baked up.  Top 'O the Mornin' to ya!

No comments: