Tuesday, March 25, 2014

 I finished my second jelly roll blanket from my scrub scraps.  I pieced this one using the diagonal seam method and was impressed with it but I held my breath a lot because more often than not, the strip would look crooked.  I used a 1/2" seam when I started sewing the long strip and any imperfections were hidden but you really had to watch.  I also stopped after each long seam to press it open rather than doing it all at the end.  I love the finished blanket but the only thing I don't like is that because of the construction, it doesn't come out with nice right angles so finishing was a little trickier.


I backed this one with a busy green/gold chevron print.  This one turned out a little wider than the last one and I'm very happy with it.  I still wouldn't take something like this to the fair.

No comments: