Saturday, December 07, 2013

Christmas is coming...

 Christmas is marching ever closer and I have legitimate gifts that need to be knitted in a timely manner and yet I have been dinking around wasting time knitting a scarf for no one in particular.  I keep seeing this Jared Scarf all over the interweb and have wanted to make one for some time.

It calls for 2 balls of Noro Silk Garden which is a variegated yarn.  I took my parents out to lunch a couple weeks ago when they were here visiting and then we stopped into the yarn shop next door and I hurriedly picked two different colorways of Noro Kureyon.  The Kureyon worked just fine as far as gauge goes and is warm and comfortable next to the skin but I wonder if the Silk Garden would feel even better.  I will remember that for the next one because I have a feeling I'll be making another one of these.  The colors are kind of deceiving when they're wound up in the store and when I wound them for knitting I wasn't sure I wanted to combine them for the scarf.  They look quite dissonant as colors go.
Once I started knitting, I couldn't stop because the colors were randomly pairing up so nicely.  I don't think you could pick a bad color combination with this yarn if you tried because it just works it's own magic. 
The temperature is currently butt cold here and we got our first few inches of snow this week and I wore this scarf today.  Lopi and I were watching from the front window as Dave made his maiden voyage on the driveway with our new snow blower and I snapped this picture of her.  She is just so cute and she almost matches our woodwork.  That electric candelabra was my birthday present from Dave this year and I just LOVE it!

No comments: