Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Knitting

Once I finished that impulse scarf, I was able to get back on task with my Christmas knitting.  These are 2 pairs of beaded wrist warmers for my nieces I finished this week.  I had them pick out the yarn and beads when they were here visiting in October.  The yarn is Cascade fingering weight and the beads are Gutermann.  The way our family Christmas is looking, we might not get together until February to celebrate so I have much more time than I thought.  Somehow we can never find a weekend that works for everyone.  Oh well, more time to get gifts done!

These are a pair of gloves I knit for my mother in law.  The yarn is Patons Classic Wool and the pattern is from a Patons Next Steps booklet.  I knit a dark gray pair of these a few weeks ago for Dave because we don't know what happened to his gloves since we moved.  I'd never made gloves before and they really were quite simple and WARM.  This is a worsted weight yarn so there is a little bulk on your hands with these and the cuffs are nice and long and stick way down into your sleeves.  I'm going to quick knock out a brown pair for my father in law before Christmas next week and then I think I need to make myself a pair.  I've been knitting mittens forever and I like and appreciate mittens but I'm getting kind of spoiled by these gloves.  What a luxury being able to move your fingers individually while warm!  I love that they're worsted weight because I can use up all kinds of leftovers with a project like this.

No comments: