Sunday, March 13, 2011

...I could eat the back end of a lion!

I am so mad! I bought this lovely skein of Unisono which is a German brand of soft machine washable merino wool sock yarn. I paid almost $24 for it at Quality Sewing Center in Rochester and I snapped it up because it was such a pretty "autumn mix" colorway...in the skein.

I started knitting them and just HATED how they knit up and how the colors changed! This skein had 300 meters and I thought I would be A-OK but I ended up running out of yarn when it came time to finish the toe on the second sock. Can you tell where I substituted replacement yarn? That LEMON YELLOW toe is washable sock yarn left over from Lisa's Lello birthday socks this year. I have to blame myself though because I knit 7 inch cuffs on both of these socks because I like a longer sock but if I'd stuck to the standard 6 inch cuff, I would have had enough yarn to finish them properly. That still wouldn't change the fact that I hated the way this yarn knit up. I am going to start doing that with variegated yarns: take a picture of it when it is still in the skein and then take a picture of the finished item.

No comments: