Thursday, January 20, 2011

Complete Radio Silence...

We have finally had our family Christmas and survived the holiday season so I can safely post pictures of my sister-in-law's mittens. These were knit from the pattern in the book Folk Mittens. I have made at LEAST 3 pairs of these from this pattern (including a pair for myself) with the same needles and same brand and weight of yarn, but for some reason these were much tighter! I must be knitting tighter in my old age. My pair is at least 7-8 years old so maybe they've stretched out over time. I got through almost an entire mitten and got too nervous about the final fit and started over. Amy was happy to get them though. I'd knit her a pair years ago and she'd actually worn a big hole in the palm. I've heard of people wearing holes in their socks but never their mittens! ;)

No comments: