Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble, Gobble!


A new job always means new clothes, doesn't it? These are hot off the sewing machine and just in time for Thanksgiving. It really is difficult to find turkey fabric but I think I found this up in Rochester and finally got around to sewing them. I absolutely insist on seasonal and festive scrubs for work but I kind of feel like a kindergarten teacher sometimes around the seasoned nurses on my new floor in their solid colored scrubs. Oh well. It has to at least give the patients something to look at.


I put my Christmas tree up the other day and had to set up my little tacky Christmas tableau over in my sewing corner. A fool and her money is soon parted but I saw this real Charlie Brown Christmas tree at Hobby Lobby and couldn't leave without it! I just love it! These are licensed Rudolph finger puppets from Starbucks and a vintage Santa and doily/place mat from my Grandpa Maynerd's Christmas decorations. I just love them all together. One of these days I might post pictures of my cat and Christmas pudding garland I bought in London. I just love it and had to hang it up but my apartment is starting to look like Mr. Bean's flat in the Christmas special! Oh well, 'tis the season! ;) I think I am most thankful this year for my new nephew and my brother's safe return from Iraq. Happy Turkey Day everyone!

No comments: