Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Nephew Knitting

I finished up a little hat for my nephew using this pattern and Malabrigo worsted yarn purchased at Prairie Yarns in Fargo. The buttons are from my late grandpa Maynerd's button box. I'm worried the strap might be a bit too short (easily remedied) and that it might itch the poor kid even though I think it is fabulously soft yarn. I ended up using a whopping ounce of yarn and have 3/4 oz. of a lovely fall colorway of the same yarn in the stash. If it is a little on the large size, I might whip up another one with that leftover fall yarn because it was such a lovely yarn to use in this pattern. It was constructed simply on 2 straight needles with short rows and was a pleasure to knit. I'm now on my way to the post office to send it to him!

No comments: