Sunday, October 31, 2010

Honeycomb Sweater

My sister and brother in law and their son love rabbits so I knit him a sweater made out of rabbits. It was knit from Patons Bamboo Angora yarn on a size too small needles. I started knitting it in the back of their van on our road trip up to Thief River Falls for a family wedding. I started out on interchangeable circular needles and my connection wasn't the greatest and so the work kept snagging. We stopped at a thrift shop on the way to get out and walk around and give Erik a break and I was able to find a pair of straight needles that were slightly too small AND not warped! It seems any pair of needles you find at a thrift shop or antique store are always bent or warped! This pattern is found in Greetings From Knit Cafe and the finished sweater can be worn forwards or backwards.



Here is the little guy wearing it for church today. It looked better backwards because it is quite snug and will only fit him for about ten more minutes. When worn frontwards, the slot made it look quite gappy so we opted for the 'straight jacket' look.

No comments: