Friday, October 08, 2010

Finnish Slippers

I swear I take more pictures of my feet! I have been knitting lately like it's going out of style because I'm starting on a new floor this week and will be very busy for a while. I'm working on a baby sweater and a pair of socks for myself and a few other things here and there...and I just had to make these when I saw the pattern in the latest issue of KnitSimple! The pattern called for a bulky yarn so I used my yarn from this year's (Peru) trip to the Vihrea Vyyhti Oy shop and I edged them with the remainder of the same yarn from last year's (Dschungel) trip. I had to fool around a little with the pattern because the yarn was not quite thick enough. As much as I love these, I feel just a little bad that I'm going to be stepping on that beautiful yarn! I am thinking about painting the bottoms with some puffy shirt paint to make them grippy, but also to prevent them from wearing out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty WILD- Lisa

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty WILD- Lisa