Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back Burner

I have had this flannel for ages and finally got around to making baby blankies out of it. Three of them went to coworkers' children or grandchildren and one will go to my sister's baby on the way. I made all 4 of these in one afternoon and was quite tired of satin blanket binding by the end of it! Incidentally, my younger niece calls her bound blankie like this her "silky". :)

Melissa and Deedee and I got together for Crafty Fun Night the other day to make ornaments. Deedee was working on photo resin ornaments and Melissa and I finished up these cinnamon and applesauce ornaments. We'd mixed them and cut them out last week and they'd since dried, but they were so plain and boring. We didn't really have any set ideas when we began and just sat down with some acrylic paint and some irregularly shaped glitter and started to decorate them. I have to say I am very pleased with how these turned out! The glitter almost looks like coconut and they smell like cinnamon. I love too that we used cookie cutters I'd gotten at an antique store to cut them with. My mother has these exact same cookie cutters and they are what I would use for baking the Christmas sugar cookies every year growing up. We've already talked about making these again for Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Luke and Lisa Fenton said...

Those are just darling! I can't believe how cute those are. They are a far cry from the ones we made in elementary school- where we wrote our names in the dough with a tootpick...