Monday, October 27, 2008

Kauni preview...

I just couldn't help it. Last night I lucked out with a surprise flex, so I sat in my chair and really tried to stay on task with some Christmas Knitting...and instead wound up a new ball of yarn and began a project! This is from my favorite yarn shop in Denmark. The shopkeeper had designed an awesome felted purse with this yarn and actually gave us a copy of her uncopyrighted pattern! I'm sure this will only get knitted on here and there, but I get such terrible Startitis. This yarn is very clingy and grippy, kind of like Shetland yarn. And don't let that that picture fool you, that is a HUGE ball of yarn--over 600 yards! I have enough yarn for 2 purses in 2 different colorways, but one will have to use scraps of the other so I need to see how this pattern turns out for finishing the second. I've only knit 9 rows so far, but I keep looking ahead at my yarn because the colors change soooooooo subtly.

No comments: