Friday, July 11, 2008

WIP--Holly Leg Warmers



I know. I've started another project. Another project to sit on the pile with all the others and be picked up and knit on here and there. But isn't it pretty?! These are legwarmers (being knit in JULY no less!) from the fabulous book Handknit Holidays. They were supposed to be knit from a DK weight yarn, and instead I'm using some Summit Hill worsted that I found in Rochester. I was just sweating it and thinking they would be way too wide and tall for the pattern, but they are coming along very nicely. This has been some nice fairisle practice. I made good time on this first one and really may as well have knit the back panel of a sweater! Knitting back and forth, stranding and changing colors, fooling around with tension and following the chart backwards while purling, etc. has really made me appreciate the rationale behind the dreaded steek! I didn't say I'm looking forward to them, but I can certainly see why you'd want to do that. I like looking at the wrong side almost as much as the right side! :)

No comments: