Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th Of July!

Here is a picture of my most recent socks and my blindingly white legs! They are knit from Trekking sock yarn on size 2 dpn's and I finished them on my trip. My grandma and uncle from Fargo were at my parents' home visiting, and Grandma and I spent the afternoon chopping and freezing young rhubarb! While I was out in the garden cutting stalks, I couldn't help but think how nice my socks would look next to those pinks and greens! Grandma and Doug will go on to visit my brother's home where my sister will join them, and then they will ride the train home. We don't get to see them nearly enough but it was so nice to be together and visit. There is nothing so precious as working side by side in a kitchen next to your Grandmother! We had a beautiful day, we enjoyed wonderful food (including fresh corn on the cob!) and even better company--we couldn't have planned it any better! Nothing is more fitting than rhubarb on an Iowa July day!

And of course, THANK YOU to all our men and women in the Armed Forces today! We think of you ESPECIALLY today!

No comments: