Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Merino Wool

I went to demonstrate spinning at the local pioneer museum at their annual pork feed day. I had a lot of people stop and ask questions, etc. My sister came down for the afternoon and we had a little birthday party for her at the Dairy Queen. Mom was quite taken with the merino wool singles I was spinning and remarked how nicely that yarn would knit up for a pair of socks and how much did I want for it? So I spun up 2 spools worth and plied them together and got about 226 yards of this lovely heathery dark purple-y (I like your sweater! It's very purple-y! ;) yarn and gave it to her for an early birthday present. I will spin up and ply another 100 or so yards so she has enough for a pair of socks. It is a lovely blend of black merino wool with red and blue blended throughout.

No comments: