Sunday, August 05, 2007

There's just something about whipping eggwhites til glossy...



We had a slumber party at Brenda's house last night. Yes indeed, a slumber party. Melissa and I stayed over and our friends Zak and Summer made an appearance. Brenda made a batch of fabulous barbeque meatballs and twice baked potatoes. DeeDee couldn't make it but we had sweet corn grown by her family. I baked french bread, a tomato tart, and this lemon meringue pie in my favorite Martha Blue antique pie plate. I had a lot of fun playing in the kitchen before the party.
We listened to Sam Cooke half the night and Melissa taught us how to play Train with dominoes. Later we had a few rounds of Idiot during which I layed down some serious smack! Then we had SPA night! We soaked our feet and got them sandal-presentable again, painted our toenails, did exfoliating hand treatments and dead sea salt and clay face masks. I also got a little knitting done. It is always nice to just be together with dear friends! We MUST do this more often! :)

No comments: