Monday, July 23, 2007

"She really saves her candle nubs."

I remember watching some biography of Queen Elizabeth II and they described her as someone who "really saves her candle nubs," or some such thing. Anyhoo, I am off for just one night and I don't think I have the strength to do any sewing tonight because that will involve taking over the entire kitchen table and surrounding area with the sewing machine and fabric and tools, etc. I work the next three nights and I just finished working the last three so I think I will tidy up a little and just knit tonight. I did get tired of looking at these jars
that I've been saving for candles though. I melted down some pillar candle nubs for the two rounded jars and they are a lovely cinnamon apple spice scent once they all mixed together. I get some lovely 100% beeswax tapers every year at the Civil War re-enactment here in town and I've been saving those runts for a while and melted them down to fill the hexagon jar on the right. I absolutely love beeswax candles! They look and smell like honey when you pour them and cool to a lovely and smooth beige/brown. Whenever you blow out a bees
wax candle, the smell just reminds me of church. The jar on the left is from Windsor Castle and once held organic honey produced on one of Prince Charles' farms. The honey has long since been eaten, but I just loved the jar with the royal crest! It was absolutely crying out to be re-used!

No comments: