Friday, July 20, 2007

Mrs. Bunting!



This week is the week of our local county fair and they are holding an open textiles show which they have not done in several years. I asked my sister in law to loan me a few of the things I've knit for my nieces to enter in the show. In a way I feel like I'm cheating by entering something I knit some time ago! As a kid, I always remembered the final week leading up to the fair as a frantic time of finishing projects, preparing, selecting and freezing the choicest baked items, and getting the rabbits looking presentable! This was WAY too relaxed! This is the first ever "garment" that I'd knitted (as in NOT a hat or scarf or mitten). It is a corn cob baby bunting that I bought as a kit from the Lion Brand Yarn company and as I recall, I was trying to get it done before she was born! The "corn" is knit in a bobble stitch and the "husk" is stockinette stitch with slipped stitch ridges. The only thing that I lamented at the time and continue to gripe about is the fact that it is designed for and knit with their Micro-Spun 100% acrylic yarn. Those who know me well know that I can't ABIDE acrylic yarn! Whenever I'm FORCED to use it, I'll always say that I knit whatever it was out of plastic!

No comments: