Saturday, March 03, 2007

Kitty Pi and Other Felting Adventures


I finally washed my Fuzzy Feet and they are nice and thick and fuzzy now, but I had to wash them no less than three times in our crappy washer. I was felting my Kitty Pi (below) with it and I figured out I could bail some of the water out of the washer and poured a kettle full of boiling water in to replace it to make the water good and hot. I am quite pleased with the results and I'm sure my feet will be too once these are dry.

This frumpy pile of knitting will be felted into a Kitty Pi as a gift for a sick kitty I know. And did I mention that I used up EVERY LAST BIT of my Cascade 220 that I bought for that felted purse? I feel that was a good investment because I got 2 purses and a Kitty Pi out of those 6 skeins. And it's always a good feeling knowing that you won't have leftover yarn festering in your scrap pile: too little to really use for anything but too much to throw away.

I ended up washing this twice and then blocking it on my round Tupperware with some bedsheets wrapped around it. I still think it could shrink a bit more, but we'll see how it 'fits' him first. I'm taking it to the invalid shortly and I hope he likes it!

No comments: