Sunday, November 04, 2018

Winter Line of Knitwear

It is getting colder and this fat little boy will need some winter knits!  I bought this darling little pattern at Superbuzzy of all places.  It is supposed to have doe ears if you can believe that but I scrapped that detail as soon as I realized this sized version of the hat would fit him for about another 10 minutes.

I really love this pattern and used a wool/angora blend yarn I got at the fiber festival specifically for winter knits for Marek.  I'm already working on a larger incarnation of this same hat with a gray angora/wool/silk worsted I got at the State Fair for him.  Once that is done, I've been mulling over an idea to make a Minnesota Gopher's variation too.  So much knitting, so little time...

I also made a pair of thumb-less baby mittens complete with idiot strings!  These will do for now but I'll be making another slightly larger pair soon.  This is a nice pattern I've knit before.
The problem with taking pictures of babies in knitting is that they move quickly and can do this...
...or this!
That little pile of snipped yarn always makes me happy.  It is a sign of an impending finished project because all the tails have to be woven in and snipped.  Anne Boleyn is looking on disapprovingly from her coaster. 
The project in question is this raglan sleeve mallard duck blue sweater for Marek and I'm so close to being done I can taste it.  I just have to finish the ribbing on the neckline and button band and sew on the buttons.  With all this outgrowing he is constantly doing, the pressure is on.  I started this ages ago it seems.  I have yarn lined up for a few more projects for him and I have to make sure they are several sizes ahead because lord knows I don't have the time to knit and finish them in a reasonable amount of time.  I've been wearing my green Knitting Olympic sweater around the house lately and they looked so nice thrown together over the back of the couch.  Knitted things make me happy!

No comments: